Sunday, October 02, 2005

Top tens

I'm revising for a work related exam so I#ve been listening to some choonz.

Here's a list of what I think is cool

1. Sons & daughters - the repulsion box. Very nick cave, especially dance me in. Gets the blood pumping.

2. The replacements. Let it be. It's the best but most of the stuff is cool. Should have been much bigger.

3. Modest mouse - This a long drive for someone with nothing to think about. One of their earlier records but still cool. I think 'Good news....' is best. I want more of their stuff now.

4. Minutemen stuff I've downloaded from www.corndogs.org. It seems to be mike watt approved. The live acoustic set is great. Amazing, amazing band. Hope that corona being the theme for jackass will make more people hunt them down.

I'm gonna but the new franz ferdinand album tomorrow. Sounds a bit metal but I will check it out. I've also been geeking out to a few comics. The 'identity crisis' hardcover by brad meltzer from DC comics is good. Dark story and I didn't expect the end. The oversized batman 'hush' book by loeb and lee is a thing of beauty. track it down if you are a geek.

Don't know if I mentioned it in a previous post but I saw dinosaur jr on their recent UK tour a few weeks ago. Great guitar sounds. Some classic songs and some pure pish but I did get a really nice T-shirt.

Just finished watching the american dvd of the first series of 'lost'. I was well impresed. Can't wait to see the second series. Also just seen 'the man' starring samuel L Jackson. Chewing gum for the eyes but a nice flavour.

Anyway, I've spouted enough bullshit

seeya

phunk

No comments: