Saturday, August 03, 2019

Spiderman - Far From Home

This was the first time I'd been back to the cinema since my film buddy died a few months ago.  He was a big Marvel fan and I'm sure he would have liked this.  I managed to persuade my partner to come along with me but she likes Spiderman and enjoyed the last film so it was OK.  She hasn't seen the last two avengers films so some thing were a bit odd but she did enjoy it.

Far from home features Mysterio, one of my less favoured Spiderman baddies.  Mysterio worked fairly well in the film although the plot was bubblegum, a but dumb.  Spiderman basically goes on a European tour and becomes Night Monkey (a property that should be developed).

There are some nice city scenes and some big fights.  The characters are funny.  It's an 'up', cheery film after the doom and gloom of the last couple of Avengers film.  It's probably the superhero film I needed to see today.

There will be more Spiderman films and they will probably be better but I enjoyed this.

No comments: