Sunday, June 07, 2009

Battlestar Galactica - The final episodes

I've just finished watching the DVD of the final episodes of the recent Battlestar Galactica series. I realise that I'm several months behind everyone who has Sky TV on downloads from the internet but unfortunately I am limited by technology.

The modern remake of Battlestar Galactica is one of the best television shows that I have seen. It's easily as emotionally powerful and intelligent as The Sopranos or The Wire. It's a long way from the original cheezy '70s series that I loved as a kid.

I was happy with the end of the series. I didn't think it was a compromise. Battlestar Galactica is good human drama and good science fiction. I recommend it to anyone who can ignore the fantasy elements and enjoy the story.

No comments: