Saturday, December 03, 2011

Addendum to Grant Hart, Live at Mono, Glasgow

I seem to be getting a lot of hits on the gig review I wrote about Grant Hart at Mono last week.  As I said, the poor bloke looks like he's a bit unwell and a bit skint.  After the show I bought a couple of his recent albums.  Hot wax was his most recent studio album, recorded with members of Gedspeed You! Black Emperor.  It's a good record that's well worth some of your hard earned cash.  I also picked up the Oeuvrevue compilation album that I'm listening to as I type.  It's fairly solid and it has a nice version of 'no promise have i made' by Husker Du on it.

I also bought a few mp3s from Amazon.  You can't get intolerance  on CD at the moment but you can get individual tracks.  2541  is a great track and you should own it.

It's not easy for American musicians to get health care so think about it and pay for some music to perhaps help someone  who's down on their luck.

No comments: