Thursday, January 19, 2017

Best stuff of 2016

2016 was a big year for many many reasons.  I know I'm a bit late but I'm going to list some of the stuff I loved most last year.

In no particular order (even though I've numbered them)

1 - Iceland - I'd never been to Iceland before.  It's an amazing place.  Reykjavik is an amazing city, the buildings are brilliant, the sky over Iceland is amazing, the landscape is amazing, the Blue Lagoon is brilliant.  I just loved it.  It's ridiculously expensive, especially now that the UK is a banana  republic and the pound is worth fuck all but I really want to go back.  I was half thinking about moving there.

2 - Star Wars films - The Force Awakens was an emotional moment for me at the end of 2015 and Rogue One was just as good this Christmas.  My obsessions at the age of 40 are the same as my obsessions at the age of 4.  It's sad but at least I'm consistent.

3 - Tenerife - for a long time I hated the sun but now I like the sun again.  Also whales.  Like Iceland. Mount Teide, another volcanic landscape, is amazing.

4 - Blackstar by David Bowie.  Bowie released one of his best records just before he died.  A great bit of music that is worth listening to.

5 - Ocean Beach by the Red House Painters.  I had never really listened to them and I picked up this record.  Great.

6 - getting paid and not working crazy hours

There was more good stuff too.  Also bad stuff but I'm going with the PMA today

No comments: