Saturday, June 08, 2019

........

I heard that a friend of mine died yesterday.  He had been fighting suicide for a while and he lost.  He was lovely guy.  I'd known him maybe 8 or 9 years.  We had a shared love of comic books and 90s alternative music.

He had a difficult life.  I didn't know all the details but I knew enough.  There were people he loved and people who loved him but I think he was lonely in a way that he couldn't think how to fix.  He tried to get help and a lot of people helped him but ultimately it wasn't enough.

I last saw him a few weeks back when we went to see Avengers Endgame at the cinema.  We had a coffee and a chat.  I can't quite remember now what the last thing we said to each other was.  We hadn't made concrete plans but I certainly hoped to see him again, fairly soon, probably for another coffee and a comic book movie.

He died.  I think he lost his battle against suicide.  We won't get that coffee.

I heard he died on Facebook.  I told my partner and my mum who both knew I was worried about him. He was a lovely bloke who was great to spend time with.  I wish I could see him and talk to him again. I know I couldn't change anything but I will miss him.

RIP

No comments: