Monday, July 03, 2006

football sux

Luckily I'm missing most of the world cup cos I'm studying for an exam at the end of the month. I'm not a big fan of football at the best of times but I have watched the occasional world cup game in the past. However, what I have seen of the games this year has been pretty rubbish with England in particular playing below their potential. Scotland, as ever, didn't even get a look in.

Not been to see any gigs recently. I was sorry to read that Sleater-Kinney (who I saw in Bristol a few weeks back) have broken up. It's a bit of a shame because I think they could have made some really cool music in the future.

I've been listening to some good records recently. Picked up a couple of CDs by the Bad Plus which are good. I just bought the new albums by TV on the Radio and Muse which sound OK as well as the final Johnny Cash album, the one that he was working on with Rick Rubin when he died. I might write more about them in due course.

I haven't really done much else of interest. I had worked 7 days in a row since getting back from Manchester so I was tired over the weekend. I watched a film called Rounders on DVD. It stars Matt Damon and Ed Norton as two poker addicts in New York. Basically Matt Damon is cool while Ed Norton is a twat. It was entertaining. Better than watching paint dry. Or reading this blog.....

No comments: