Sunday, August 06, 2006

Poker night

I've just been playing poker with my mates. I haven't played poker for at least 12 years and I don't think I was ever any good at it. I did have some first time luck and I went home 9 pounds up.

We were playing texas holdem, a game that I think I'm totally unfamiliar with. One of my pals has a fancy poker set with chips, etc which really added to the experience. I probably had an unfair advantage because I wasn't drinking so I was betting carefully. Some of my mates just threw all their money away on the first few hands.

I feel a bit guilty about taking money off my mates. I did give them an extra half hour to try and win some of the money back but I was too tired to stay up playing all night. I'll buy them all a pint the next time I'm out with them. Dog racing is a bit better in a way because if you win your money comes from a faceless bookie as opposed to a good mate.

Gambling is evil man. Fun, but evil.

Funky

No comments: