Saturday, October 07, 2006

Film review - Clerks II

Clerks II probably only appeals to a select audience. How many people have seen the original Clerks? It's a cult movie for a niche market, the Kevin Smith fan. Luckily, I am a Kevin Smith nerd.

This film was never going to set the box office on fire. There was a reasonable audience in the cinema tonight but a lot of them didn't seem to expect the film that they got. Several people walked out. I'm not sure if they were offended or bored. I don't really care cos I liked it.

The story revolves around Randall and Dante, two 30-something losers who have been in McJobs for several years too long. Dante is about to escape to a new life with a new wife. Or is he getting cold feet?

And then there was this donkey.....

Jay and Silent Bob are back although their antics are tame this time. They really need to work a bit harder to offend me. The film is probably about average for Kevin Smith which is good for anyone else. I laughed. At one point I laughed so hard I thought I might hurt myself. I have a sick sense of humour so this film was good for me. You might not like it if you have 'strong moral values'.

Good, but not his best.

Funkee

No comments: