Thursday, August 23, 2007

Slint playing Spiderland at the ABC in Glasgow

This is the sort of gig that I never thought I would see. Legendary obscure American noise rock band Slint playing their classic album spiderland as it appears on vinyl live in my favourite Glasgow venue. As an adolescent I used to fantasize about shows like this.

It wasn't very busy. I went with one mate and caught up with another old friend who is a member of an internationally successful Glasgow noise rock band. We stood and watched as the band ran through spiderland. The band were tight and loud. The show made me want to listen to the album again.

The last show was a new song. My friend, who knows some of the band, tells me that they have recorded some new songs and that a new album may happen. That could be good.

Listen to spiderland.

It's an interesting record.

1 comment:

David said...

Was an amazing gig..I was right up the front too =] nce blog you got here..There's some pictures I took from the gig up on my blog if you want to take a look

Davie