Saturday, October 13, 2007

Acoustic Ladyland - live at Glasgow King Tut's

I was surprised that this gig was not sold out. 'Skinny Grin' and 'Last Chance Disco' have been two of my favourite CDs of the past year. I've seen Polar Bear and Fulborn Treversham (alternative identities for the Acoustic Ladyland folk) but I've never managed to see the main event.

The support bands were pish. Indeed, the first support was one of the pishest bands I have seen in a long time. The second band was redeemed slightly by an attractive female guitarist but I can't really imagine myself humming one of their tunes.

Acoustic Ladyland were great but I wish they were louder. Saxaphone player/singer Pete Wareham sang all the songs which are often sung by other vocalists on the albums. He gives a sort of Madness/Clash vibe to their sound. 'Cuts & lies' and 'Paris' sounded a bit different but still energetic. The music was loose and shambolic in a good way.

I wanna see them again and I want more new CDs by them soon. I just wish they were louder.


drphunk

No comments: