Sunday, November 09, 2008

Music I like at the moment

OK - stuff I've been listening to

Fucked up - The Chemistry of common life

This is a hardcore album by a band that I hadn't heard much of before. It's noisy but expansive. As well as loud guitars and screaming we get flute, female backing vocals and melody. Interesting if not groundbreaking.

Deerhunter - Microcastle

This album is intriguing. It's a double CD with the main album Microcastle packaged with a second disc called Weird Era cont. which is essentially a solo album by the main band guy, Bradford Cox. It's dreamy, noisy music; a bit like My Bloody Valentine but more poppy. After a couple of listens it's been on my stereo all the time.

Neither of these CDs will sell a million copies but they might make you smile or punch the air or some shit like that. Check them out
http://www.myspace.com/deerhunter

Fucked Up don't do the myspace thing

No comments: