Sunday, January 31, 2010

Avatar film review

I was a bit cynical about Avatar when I first heard about it. It looked a bit shit. Why would I want to see a 3D remake of Ferngully? Who would want to see CGI smurfs?

Everyone that saw the film said it was good. It was doing well at the box office. I felt my life would be lacking if I didn't see it so I went last week. It was great.

I had to wear contact lenses so that I could watch in 3D. I'm glad I did because the experience was good. The film did look a bit cartoony at times due to the wall to wall CGI but the live-action CGI interface wasn't too bad and the 3D rocked. The story is a bit dumb but at least it has a solid anti-imperial and anti-capitalist message to it. Apparently the Awerican religious right are fucked off which is only good.

I'd go and see it again and I hope they do a sequel. As Avatar is noe the most successful film of all time they probably will.

No comments: