Sunday, January 31, 2010

Lax January

I've been a bit crap at writing my blog this month. There are a few reasons for that. I was a bit sick over new year with what I will describe as mind-stabbing painful exploding ass disease which the medical community would recognise as a perianal abscess. Being an idiot I didn't seek medical attention until after it exploded.

After that little adventure I had to spend a few days in bed with my friends flucloxacillin and metronidazole. Over the past six years I have prescribed these drugs to thousands of people. I think it's good to have some personal experience of these drugs. For what it's worth flucloxacillin gave me loose stools that had a funny smell and metronidazole gave me a headache and a funny taste in my mouth. They did seem to work.

Other than that work has been busy. I had some deadlines to submit a few academic things and we had a special drug trial patient that needed me to take pharmacokinetic blood samples at 3AM for a week. Life is fun as always.

Apparently 90% of blogs are never updated. I want this one to keep going for a while.

drphunk

No comments: