Sunday, July 04, 2010

Funny people - DVD

I watched Funny People this afternoon with a massive post-stag night hangover so I was barely qualifying as a sentient life form. I decided to watch Funny People in the hope that it would elevate my alcohol impaired mood.





It didn't quite work. While some of the cast are Funny People (Seth Rogan and Adam Sandler both make me laugh) there are some serious elements to the film. The plot revolves around a famous comedian who is diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia, a severe form of blood cancer. He has no real friends or personal relationships so he employs a younger comedian as a personal assistant. Basically he's a bit of an arse.



Stuff happens in the film and not all of it is happy. It was OK but probably better to watch without a hangover or a stagnight related guilt complex.

No comments: