Sunday, February 07, 2016

why I like audiobooks

I love books.  I love reading.  I love fiction and comics and biography and economics.  I own thousands of books and I have read thousands of books but sometimes life is very busy and i don't get enough time to read.

I also like listening to the radio but I often can't be bothered with specific shows.  Podcasts are great too although production values vary.  As a child I used to love talking books like Winnie the Pooh or Just William or Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency.  Modern technology and audible has let me confirm a lot of these things.

Audiobooks are an answer.  More importantly downloading MP3s of audiobooks via audible onto whatever electronic device I have available.  I can listen to audiobooks on my way to work in the train or in the evening in the bath (and sometimes at night when I'm falling asleep as long as my girlfriend does't complain too much).  I can also listen to an audiobook as I do housework or cooking.  It's great.

I've just listened to the most recent Chris Brookmyre book as an audiobook and I loved it.  It's possible to have a fully immersive experience in a convenient way.  I've also listened to books on economics and medicine.

Give it a shot.

No comments: