Tuesday, May 08, 2018

Lost in France - DVD review

Lost in France has been out for a couple of years now.  I've only just got round to watching it tonight. It's a documentary about the mid to late 1990s Glasgow music scene that revolved around Chemikal Underground Records and the 13th Note/Kazoo Club.  It focuses on some of the bands from that era, including Mogwai, the Delgados and Arab Strap as well as other important figures on the scene such as Alex Huntley (later Kapros) and Hubby.

I spent a lot of my formative years in Glasgow at this time, buying records, attending shows, writing songs, practicing with bands and playing gigs.  It was a great time to be 16 to 23 in Glasgow and looking back, I'm so glad I was there.

The old footage from back then is great.  I kept looking for myself in the background but I couldn't see myself.  It's nice to see the old posters and record sleeves too.

I almost feel a bit young for this sort of nostalgia but I'm glad the film has been made.

No comments: