Tuesday, May 08, 2018

Panacea by F Paul Wilson

I'm doing some holiday reading this week and another book that I've enjoyed is Panacea by F Paul Wilson.  I've written an appreciation of the work of F Paul Wilson before.  He's an American doctor who writes fairly intelligent supernatural thrillers, most famously the Repairman Jack series.  Panacea  is the first book in the ICE sequence and unfortunately it's not available for Kindle in the UK so I had to pick up an imported American paperback copy from Amazon.

The book is about a forensic pathologist who has a sick daughter and is asked to track down a mystical panacea that can cure any illness.  She is hired by a terminally ill billionaire and she is accompanied by a very capable bodyguard.  There are a lot of echoes of Repairman Jack but that's not a bad thing.  The medical bits, both scientific and ethical, are done well and I'm looking forward to reading the next book (hopefully in paperback or on the Kindle).

No comments: