Thursday, July 07, 2005

London attacks

I just woke up about an hour ago after catching up on some lost sleep. My mother called me from spain and told me about the terrorist attacks in London. It's really sad.

I know a few people who live in London and I just hope that none of them were in any way hurt in the explosions. I have the greatest sympathy for everyone who was touched by these attacks. I hope the culprits are found and brought to justice.

I guess nobody should really be surprised that these attacks have occured. They have obviously been timed to coincide with the G8 summit and George Bush visiting Scotland. We in the west know that terrorists want to hurt us and hold us responsible for the ways in which their people and countries have been suppressed, killed and destroyed over the past century.

It was obvious that London would be attacked at some point. Since 2001 the question has been 'When?' not 'If?'. I hope it does not happen again but I am sure that it will.

My thoughts are with the people of London.

No comments: