Sunday, September 10, 2006

29 years and one day

Yesterday was my birthday. I'm now 29 years old. Next year I'll be 30. I've done a fair bit with my life so far but there is a lot more that I want to do.

I had a relaxing day yesterday. I'm on holiday this week and I've been staying with my parents. If I have time off in my flat I usually just end up thinking of work. I spent the day reading. In the evening I met a few friends and went to the dog racing at Shawfield stadium in Glasgow before going to a pub. I only won £15 on the dogs but it was still a good night.

I did something good today. I spoke to one of my friends that I hadn't been in touch with for about a year and arranged to meet up with her later in the week. I'm going back to visit Coventry for the first time since I left there in July 2005. I hope to catch up with some people I worked with and some old friends from uni.

I've been reading some good books lately. How mumbo-jumbo conquered the world by Francis Wheen is one. Another is The funnies by J. Robert Lennon. I'm nearly finished The call of the weird by Louis Theroux and I've been reading a couple of books about tortoises that my mum bought me for my birthday. I hope to read a lot over the next week because I never really get much time to read. I've also been working through series 2 of the sopranos on DVD (I know I'm well behind the times on that one).

I can't believe that I'm nearly 30 and I don't know where I'll be next year. The way jobs are in my trade now I could end up anywhere in Scotland or the north of England if I manage to get a job in my chosen area of interest. It would be nice to settle down somewhere long term but I guess I just have to wait and see what happens.

funky

No comments: