Monday, September 11, 2006

The last half decade

Five years ago I was very different and my world was very different.

Five years ago I was a student, starting the second year of my post-graduate course. I was living 300 miles away from home. I had just moved into a new rented student dive with two other blokes from my uni. I remember waking up late in the afternoon of September the 11th 2001 (I think it was a Tuesday) and not believing the news when I heard it. I decided that I didn't want to watch the footage from New York as I didn't want to watch thousands of people die. I'm glad I made that choice.

Five years ago I hadn't met a few people who have had a big impact on my life. It's hard to believe how much has happened to me in the past five years. I guess that it is one sixth of my time so far on this planet. It is reassuring to know that I'm still growing and still learning at the age of 29. I want to keep that going. I want to keep my curiosity and keep learning new stuff, keep pushing, until the day I die. Hopefully I'll have another sixty years or so.

I wonder if this website will still exist in 5 years. Will I have deleted it all? Will the internet still exist? Where will I live? Will I be married? Will I have kids? What will my job be?

Life is full of uncertainty. Sometimes it can be difficult, not knowing what will happen. Sometimes it can be the best feeling in the world.

Stay Loose

Peace and love

Phunkee

No comments: