Saturday, September 30, 2006

The Sopranos

I'm ashamed to say that I've only really got into the Sopranos over the past month or so. I had seen one or two episodes out of sequence but I had never really appreciated the complexity of the series. The Godfather is one of my favourite films and I generally quite enjoy Mafia themed stuff. I don't watch much TV due to lack of time. I generally buy DVDs of TV shows and watch them at my own convenience. A lot of my friends do this now.

The Sopranos is one of the best.

The eponymous family is composed of Tony, the gangster; his long-suffering wife Carmella and their teenage children Meadow and AJ. The extended family of relatives and criminals fills out the supporting cast.

The star of the show is Tony. He is a classic anti-hero, very charismatic but extremely destructive. He seems to ruin the lives of everyone he meets. He sees himself as a good person but a lot of what he does is pure evil. I can't help liking the character but I know I shouldn't.

The show is quite funny. There are moments of pure slapstick comedy between the serious drama and violence. It is well filmed and the soundtrack is great.

This is one show you should see. I'm sure you know that already.

Check it out

Funky

No comments: