Sunday, December 31, 2006

The mighty boosh

I was given the mighty boosh boxset for christmas and I am coming to appreciate the surreal strangeness of the show. I have a sneaking suspicion that someone involved with the creation of the show must once have taken drugs or something. It's funny and freaky.

The show revolves around Vince Noir (the cool trendy Mick Jagger clone) and Howard Moon (the pseudo-intellectual jazzist loser) and their attempts to carve a career in the music business. The cast is filled out by Naboo the Shaman and Bolo the gorilla who regularly rescue our heroes from their latest crisis. It is very, very weird.

I guess the stand-out episode is 'the legend of old greg' which is well fucked up but it is all good. It's a musical comedy with some OK songs that have been written and played by the cast.

I am sure that everyone else in the world is much cooler than me and that you all saw this when it was on BBC3 but if not, check it out.

Join them on a journey across time and space. Old greg has something to show you........

No comments: