Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Go-Team and Caribou - Live at the ABC, Glasgow

I've liked the Go-Team for a while and I was keen to see them. The additional presence of Caribou on the bill was an unexpected bonus. I've listened to them since they were called Manitoba and they released the 'up in flames' album. I nearly went to see them a week earlier so I was glad to have saved my money. That does not mean that Caribou were not good (they were good). It just means that I'm a cheap bastard.

The Go-team are like an indie-pop 'united colours of beneton'. They were bright coloured clothes and they and of mixed gender and ethnicity. They are loud, energetic and fun! The muisc is a cross between AWOL dance legends 'the avalanches' and Glasweigan fey popsters 'belle and sebastian'. Lead singer Ninja is like a demented Blue Peter presenter cheerleading the crowd through supercharged soundbites of indie-rap goodness.

I liked the show. I want to see them again.

drphunk

No comments: