Sunday, September 02, 2007

Sunshine - film review

This is another film I missed at the cinema. I regret that because I think it would look great on the big screen. It's a science fiction film by the Trainspotting/Shallow Grave/28 Days Later Team with a script by Alex Garland (who wrote The Beach).

It looks like a classic sci-fi film with great colours and the claustrophobia of travel in a space ship. It reminded me of 2001, Alien and Event Horizon. Not a bad thing.

The story is about a group of scientists on a 'last hope' mission to save our dying sun by dropping a massive nuclear bomb into it's heart to reignite it. They realise that they are on a suicide mission and that they are our final chance at survival. An earlier mission failed mysteriously 7 years earlier.

Everything is going smoothly until they encounter the missing shiop, Icarus one.

I won't give away any more of the story but it looks great and the soundtrack is cool. I liked it but I don't know that everyone else would.

drphunk

2 comments:

zoe said...

sounds good - is on my to see list!
hope all's going good in holiday resorts

xx

drphunk said...

Holiday resort OK socially but otherwise I am planning my escape!