Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Adventureland - DVD

I had fancied seeing this film for a time. I was mainly attracted by the soundtrack full of '80s alternative rock and Lou Reed. The story is set in the mid-80s in small town America. A guy is planning to go to graduate school in New York but he has no money. He takes a shitty job in a theme park to save some cash.

He meets a cool girl there. He realises that he likes her but nothing in life is simple. The performances in the film are believable and the plot is lifelike. I was very impressed by Martin Starr as a Robert Crumb style free thinker. I hope to see Starr in a few more films in the future.

I was not disappointed by the soundtrack. Husker Du, The Replacements, the Velvets, The Jesus and Mary Chain and the Cure. My ears are happy.

A nice film. Worth seeing

No comments: