Sunday, May 16, 2010

Contemporary Glasgow Punk Bands

A couple of weeks back (4th of May) I saw some punk bands at the 13th Note.

The first band was called Wheelchair Wheelchair Wheelchair Wheelchair. They are a 2 piece noise outfit and reminded me of Graveyard Rodeo or Dillinger Escape Plan as interpreted by No Age. I also heard a bit of SSD in there. The drummer wasn't too impressed by the Dillinger comparison as Wheelchair x 4 are 'not that technical' but they are noisy and fast.

The other band were called Jackie Onassis and were more traditional hardcore punk. I heard the misfits, black flag and the dead kennedys. I made a mental note to track down one of their CDs.

www.myspace.com/unwantedfriends

I went home after the first couple of bands because I had other stuff to do.

No comments: