Sunday, May 02, 2010

Iron Man 2 - Film review

As I have previously written on this blog, I loved the first Iron Man film. It was funny and warm and had a personality that is often missing from superhero films. I've been looking forward to Iron Man 2 since the lights went up in the cinema at the end of the first film. The reviews of Iron Man 2 in the press have been less than favourable so I admit having been slightly nervous when I went to the cinema tonight.

I know I don't have the greatest taste in the world and that I enjoy a lot of low-brow entertainment but I have to admit that I really enjoyed this film. Robert Downey Jr was excellent as Tony Stark (again) and Nick Fury (Samuel L Jackson) was prominently featured in the plot. We were also introduced to the Black Widow and War Machine and we were teased with Captain America's shield.

It was a big, loud, funny comic book film. It's a stepping stone to the film version of the Avengers. Good fun.

No comments: