Saturday, September 18, 2010

Papal visit to UK

I am not a religious person. I have no religious beliefs. I'm a scientist. I don't really mind what other people believe as long as their beliefs do not hurt other people.

I have found much of what the Pope has said on his recent visit to the UK to be offensive. His preaching against the use of condoms in the devloping world is morally indefensible and a great cause of human misery. His tacit protection of paedophile priests is unpleasant and possibly criminal. His opinion that 'aggessive' atheism and secularism equates to nazism is misguided and silly. The statement made by his cardinal which suggested that Britain was a 'third world country' because of 'multiculturalism' had racist undertones.

The pope is a stupid, blinkered old man and I hope that multi-cultural, secular Britain continues to ignore him.

No comments: