Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Belle and Sebastian live at the Glasgow Barrowlands

Tonights gig was a festive occasion, the last show on the Belle and Sebastian world tour and the last of three nights in the Glasgow Barrowlands. It was theatrical.

I managed to miss most of the support band due to the difficult logistics of meeting up with folk from work in the Irish pub next to the venue. They sounded OK.

B&S kicked off at 9PM. The gig was being broadcast live on the internet (and hopefully will be available to download somewhere in the future). They opened with a christmas song that I couldn't name before giving us a fairly rounded set that drew on most of their back catalogue.

Highlights for me included 'the boy with the arab strap', 'me and the major', 'fox in the snow' and 'Lazy line painter jane'. They could alway play more songs that I love but it was a great night.

After 2 hours they left the Barrowlands wanting more.

No comments: