Monday, December 20, 2010

Cold weather in Glasgow

We have freezing fog today. Visibility it probably limited to a couple of hundred metres and everything looks white. Very Victorian. The city is quieter than usual for this time of year. Sensible people are staying inside and keeping warm.

I have to go to work most days. I'm lucky at the moment that I can be a bit late when the weather is bad. I don't have fixed clinical commitments just now as I'm working in a research unit. It's nice not having early clinics or ward rounds. I don't stress myself rushing to work in the ice. I nearly broke my wrist and my arse a couple of weeks back on the sheet ice outside an underground station.

I'm going to see Belle & Sebastian at the barrowlands tomorrow night. I hope they have the heating on. It's difficult to appreciate twee indie bop when your bollocks are about to drop off in the snow.

No comments: