Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Ghost Writer - DVD review

I borrowed this DVD from my Dad last week.  I'd seen a couple of trailers for the film and I thought it looked pretty good.  It tells the story of a man hired to act as a ghost writer for the memoirs of a disgraced British Prime Minister.  The Prime Minister is a thinly veiled caricature of Tony Blair.

There is an element of murder mystery to the story as the original biographer employed to co-write the memoir has died in mysterious circumstances.  The cast is strong with Ewan McGregor, Olivia Williams and Pierce Brosnan.

I enjoyed this film.  It was better than I expected.  I only realised that it was directed by Roman Polanski when the end credits began to roll.  The film is very much in his style and well worth seeing if you enjoy his work.  Polanski has done some bad things in the past (in a life sense, not an artistic sense) but his films are often good.

No comments: