Saturday, July 16, 2011

This blog is 6 years old

I've just been looking at some of the old posts on this blog and I realised that  I've been  writing this blog for  six years now.  The first post was written in July 2005 and I've written almost 600 since then.  I've done a lot of stuff in  that time.  I've moved from the Midlands back to Scotland, I've worked in a few different places, I've bought a flat, women have come and gone.  It's been a busy 6 years.

I'm not sure why I keep writinng this blog.  It's habitual in many ways.  It helps me remember what I've thought about things at the time.  It serves some diary  purposes but it isn't really too personal.  I enjoy writing and it gives me a chance to practice it.  I do some writing professionally for work and it has  been published but technical scientific writing is less fun than just doing my own thing on here.  It is nice not to have an editor although that probably means that most of the stuff on this blog is self indulgent shite.

So I guess I'll just take this opportunity to once again laugh at the current plight of Rubert Murdoch and News International before I  stop writing.

No comments: