Saturday, March 02, 2013

Thesis submitted

So, after 4 years and 7 months I've finally submitted my MD thesis.  It was a massive amout of work but I've finished it.  The feeling of relief associated with this is immense.  I now have my evenings and weekends back and I no longer have a constant feeling of guilt.  It's not totally over because I still have a viva examination but this will take a few months to organise.

So,  I'm free.

For a bit.  Since August I've spent an average of 8 hours working on this thing.  Eight hours of solid unpaid work every weekend.  A big chunk of my life.  At times I wasn't sure that I  would get there but I did.  It cost about £180 to get 4 copies of the 300 page document printed.  They weighed a tonne.  But it was a good weight.

That's enough egotism for tonight.

No comments: