Monday, December 11, 2017

Alien: Covenant DVD review

As a wee kid, I was obsessed by Aliens and Alien.  Back then, the only way to see the film was on VHS tape.  As an '18' certificate film this was a bit of a challenge for 10 year old me.  I had to make do with the Alan Dean Foster novel for a while before I actually managed to see Alien but I was obsessed by the films.  I loved Ripley (who also appeared in Ghostbusters, another childhood favourite).

In the fullness of time they made some Aliens comic books (which I loved) and some further films (that I have mixed feelings about).  More recently they started on the prequels with Prometheus and now they are onto the second of the prequel trilogy with Covenant.  And I actually rather enjoyed it.

I didn't make it to the cinema to see it but the DVD is good enough.  It neatly follows the story told in Prometheus with some nods to both Alien and Aliens. I don't want to give too much away but I did smile at a few bits and I'm looking forward to the next film.

No comments: