Saturday, December 30, 2017

The year in review

2017 has been a difficult year in a lot of ways.  Between the death of my father and various other challenges it has been stuff.  To balance this out, in other ways, on a personal level it has been a brilliant year.  Good and bad, light and dark.  You can only really appreciate the good bits in life if you experience the bad.

I've worked hard this year, I've learned stuff, I've travelled the world (a bit), I've spend quality time with my significant other.  I've done a lot but there is a lot more that I want to do in 2018.

I don't do New Years resolutions.  I don't really believe in them.  I prefer to just have ongoing targets that I'm always aiming for.  I look forward to seeing what I achieve next year.

I started writing this blog in 2005 and I still find it useful.  Some people read it every now and then.  I hope people will continue to read it in the future.  It is a public, rather bland, diary.

Good luck for the new year everyone.  Hopefully 2018 will be better than expected.

No comments: