Thursday, October 13, 2005

Classic eighties alternative music

I have recently been thinking about some of the brilliant bands that came out of the american underground in the 1980s. In my view these include Husker Du, the Replacements, the minutemen, Big Black and Sonic Youth.

Now I know sonic youth are slowly re-releasing some of their older records but what about Husker Du. Zen Arcade came out about 20 years ago and I know that some out-takes exist. I would love to hear some of that stuff but I don't forsee it coming out anytime soon.

Big Black have a similar story. I guess Steve Albini is politically oposed to re-releasing some of their rarities on CD but it would be cool to hear them.

I know the replacements re-mastered some stuff but I heard a story about them throwing all their master-tapes in a river. Sad.

Anyway, just a geek-out rant

No comments: