Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Supergrass - live in Glasgow

I went to see supergrass last night in the pissing cold Glasgow rain. I felt a bit like a drowned rat by the time I got to the venue. They were playing the ABC which is pretty cool.

I quite like supergrass. I've never been a massive fan but I own a few of their albums and I think they have a few classic songs. I've never seen them before.

This tour promotes their new experimental album and they seemed to be a bit 'experimental' tonite. They opened with about three new songs which sounded ok but were a bit long and slow. Nice textures but no focus, no bite.

During the course of the night they continued to play unusual arrangements of their classic songs. The version of 'mary' that they played was pish. 'Moving' was class as was 'pumping on your stereo'. We were not worthy enough to hear alright.

The gig was OK but it lacked passion. I might pick up the greatest hits if I see it cheap and the new album if I see it in a bargain bin. I won't specifically see them live again.

Da phunk

PS - scottish football - pish pish pish

2 comments:

mushsis said...

ah but the question we all want to know is - do they still have those ridiculous sideburns? ;)

drphunk said...

They still have the stupid side-burns that seem to have mutated into face-eating beasts. I like your photos by the way