Saturday, December 31, 2005

2005 - review of the year

Finished my last 10 hour shift of this year today. It was a bit of a skive so I can't complain. I have 4 whole days off before I have to go back to work. I'm gonna study as much as I can. I already did a bit tonight. Hopefully I'll see a couple of my mates. They might remember me.

'Weren't you that fanny I went to school with?'

Shit. I might even have a beer.

2005 has been an incredibly good year for me. I've had lots of good luck. I live in a city that I love now and I've got a really good job. I've learnt loads. I've made lots of friends. I've met some really cool people and I've done some really cool stuff.

I've seen some good bands. LCD soundsystem. Dinosaur jr. Teenage fanclub. I've heard some great records. Hung out with beautiful women. Not exactly the 'playboy' lifestyle but close. Good enough for me.

2005 was a definite improvement on 2004 which was kinda cool but did have some suckey parts. 2003 sucked big style and was probably one of the worst years of my life (1998 was the worst year) so all in all I am very happy right now. And I think it will get better.

I love Glasgow in the summer. Lying on the grass in the botanic gardens. Playing with the squirrels......

I was watching MTV2 this evening. Lots of modern guitar bands that all sound the same. MIA played one song. Very pretty girl. Very good song. Queens of the stoneage were OK. The streets were funny. Franz ferdinand were good and the arcade fire were spectacular. I hope I get a chance to see them some time.

I actually quite liked a song by Hard Fi. I'm shocked. I expected them to be pish.

All that live music made me dream about being in a band again. I like making music and expressing myself. I like making very loud noises and screaming and pretending that I'm kevin shields or a member of spacemen 3. It's just a shame that no-one likes listening to me do it.

The noises in my head are always much better than the noises everyone else hears. Writing a blog is much easier. I can express myself clearly with the written word.

There was a documentary on BBC Scotland about the Broons. For non-scottish people the Broons is a comic strip about a typical scottish family that has ran in the Sunday Post newspaper for the past 70 years. They live in a parallel scotland where Glasgows' tenemants were never demolished and no-one has heard of smack or buckfast. I loved the comics as a kid. I'm gonna search my parents house this weekend to try and find some of the old books.

Anyway, think I'll wander round the shops tomorrow. I need some clothes.

phunky

1 comment:

drphunk said...

Thanks,

all of my best wishes to you for 2006

funky