Saturday, December 03, 2005

Harry Potter & the goblet of fire

I went to see this during the week with my flatmate and my cousin. I couldn't actually remember if I had read the book or not. I enjoyed the first few books until I started reading one of them (book 5 I think) where the prose in the first chapter was so turgid that I just never picked it up again.

I saw the first film in the cinema. I thought it was pish so I didn't go to see any of the others.

This film was kinda fun. Through logical deduction I established that I have probably written the book as I knew about the ending. The special effects were ok and some of the actors were much less annoying than before. Parts of the film were dark and parts of it were funny. It was really nice to see the girl from Motherwell in the film. I chuckled every time she had a line. Unfortunately she never used the term 'ya dancer!' and she was not seen drinking buckfast 'down the park'. I believe if these minor details were covered her performance would have been more authentic.

Anyway, fun film. 6 and a half out of ten. 8 out of ten if they do a special edition where Harry asks Hagrid to 'jump in for ma carry out big man'

phunk

No comments: