Friday, January 27, 2006

Bob Mould - live in Glasgow

Bob Mould is one of my favourite singer/songwriters. I started buying Husker Du albums when I was about 13 or 14 (about 15 years ago) and I quite like some of the Sugar albums and solo stuff that he has put out since. His influence on punk (with the du) was immense. Can you imagine Nirvana or the Pixies or 'emo' punk without Husker Du? What about My Bloody Valentine?

I can't.

This show was just Bob and his guitar. And that voice. The intensity of his guitar playing is amazing. One guitar sounds like a whirlwind. Tonight we got both acoustic and electric.

The show was in the ABC2, the smaller stage at Glasgows ABC venue (where all the best gigs have been recently) and it was pretty packed. The sound is good (although the main hall is better). It was an older crowd, ostensibly made up of original du-core fans. And they were in for a treat.

Celebrated summer. If I can't change your mind. I apologise. Makes no sense at all. Hoover dam. Songs from ZEN ARCADE! One of the greatest albums in the world EVER!

This was a bloody good night. Gripes - it was a short show, just about an hour long. He had to catch a flight to belgium. Bugger. He only plays songs that he wrote (fair enough) so he didn't play never talking to you again which is one of my favourite songs. EVER!

Great night. Come back soon!

I am such a fan-boy geek

funky

No comments: