Thursday, January 12, 2006

film review - just like heaven

I enjoyed this film. Possibly because it takes its title from my favourite song by the cure. In some ways I feel that I shouldn't have enjoyed this film because it's a cheesy romantic comedy (about necrophilia) but I did.

The film is about two people who have lived sad lives. Both of them are dead in their own ways. The girl is dead because she had a car crash and..... The guy is 'dead' inside because of his last relationship.

The interesting thing about the girl is that she doesn't have much of a life before the car crash. She is a doctor who spends 26 hours a day at work. None of her neighbours could describe her. She hasn't had a boyfriend in years but she is successful in her career. Her heart is beating but years of her life disappear every time she blinks.

The guy doesn't have much of a life. He just has beer.

Basically it's a remake of ghost without whoopi goldberg. Except not really. This film is like a million other sappy rom-coms that you have seen a million times before but it has a good soundtrack and a couple of cheap laughs. And you learn how to save someones life with a vodka bottle and a steak knife which is cool.

the story is formulaic and the ending is obvious.

I liked it. 7 out of 10. you will probably hate it

funky

3 comments:

Russell CJ Duffy said...

many thanks for your comments. glad to see that i am not alone in my love of comics or music come to that!

Russell CJ Duffy said...

PS. I would like to invite you to write with me on my comics book site but to do that (team blogging it is called) i would have to send you, via blog management an e-mail invite.
if this is OK with you my home e-mail address is utilityfishshed@aol.com.
no probs if you don't want to!

drphunk said...

Hi,

That sounds cool. I'm busy at work for next couple of weeks but i'll probably drop you a line after that