Saturday, February 25, 2006

Man-flu: a simple cold

I'm suffering. I've had a pretty heavy cold for the past 8 or 9 days and I just can't shift it. My sinuses feel like they are fit to burst and my left ear is blocked. I should really take some time off work but I have one of those jobs where you really can't go sick. It doesn't look good. I've been trying to prop myself up with decongestants, paracetamol and ibuprofen.

Still, I've had an OK week. Work has been busy as usual but I've managed to do some fun stuff. I met up with some folk I went to uni with on thursday night. Had couple of pints and talked crap. Other people were more drunk than me. It was cool.

Bought a couple of DVDs. Finally saw the aristocrats which was OK but not as good as I hoped. It's a documentary about comedians telling an offensive joke. They all tell the joke in their own way, trying to shock each other. The different tellings are like jazz riffing. It's OK but not great. It features a couple of minutes of the South Park kids which I liked. I've written about this film on this thread before so look back if you are interested.

Also watched the Wedding Crashers which was OK and the Longest Yard which was cool. Both brainless but I regard that as good.

My exam-passed present to myself arrived from america. It is very geeky, a piece of original, hand drawn comic book art from a famous, top-selling comic book. It looks good. I might take a photo and post it if I can make it look good enough. I have to get it framed. I know this is a totally useless indulgence but you only live once and it will look great on my wall (if I ever get a wall to call my own).

funky

No comments: