Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A serious topic

For various reasons I thought I would go all serious for a few minutes. I want to write about a difficult topic. Mental illness.

Mental illness is common. About 1 in 3 people will have a mental health problem at some point in their life. These problems range from mild to severe. There is a chance that someone you know and love will have a mental health problem at some time.

If that happens, what do you do? How do you deal with it? Can you help?

Think about it for a second.

If you don't have an answer you could try this link
http://www.rethink.org/information/carers/index.html

It might give you some help. I hope you are never in that situation because it is difficult.

Remember, you can always get help.

Funky

update - december 2010

I've notice that this page is visited a lot. The link above may not work. Try one of the following links



http://www.rethink.org/living_with_mental_illness/caring/index.html

http://www.rethink.org/living_with_mental_illness/coping_in_a_crisis/index.html

4 comments:

zoe said...

thank you for that post, phunky x

Russell CJ Duffy said...

i do know of a couple of people who suffer or have suffered from mental health problems so ta for this.
if you would be interested in joing me on one of my team blogs, the one about comic books then e-mail me. my e-mail address is on my profile.

Russell CJ Duffy said...

joining even!!!

drphunk said...

Hi,

I just thought about it for a bit and thought that it was worthwhile. It's something you never expect. People don't like to talk about it and it is difficult. Very, very difficult.

Side-point - very interested in comic blog writing. Will get in touch soon. Work very busy at present.

funky