Friday, May 25, 2007

Apples in stereo live at King Tuts, Glasgow

Yet another fucking amazing gig. This blog must be really boring cos I always say the same stuff. I like Apples in Stereo because their most recent album (new magnetic wonder) is very good and because the main guy, Robert Schneider, produced in an aeroplane over the sea by Neutral Milk Hotel which is one of the greatest albums of all time.

Apples in Stereo should be massive. They right energetic rock music which just makes me happy. They are not massive because they are not photogenic. This is wrong and is a clear example of why the world we live in is fucked. The Apples sound a bit like the Beatles, a bit like glam rock and a bit like something else I can't quite put my finger on.

My friend that attended the gig with me tonight had never heard them before and he was quickly converted. The show started with a keyboard player dressed as Evel Kinevel making some moog like sounds. This soon developed into ecstatic rock wonderment that continued for about an hour. I was able to sing along with most of the tunes.

This band are good. They will make you happy.

No comments: