Saturday, May 19, 2007

spiderman 3 - film review

I was not sure what to expect when I went to the cinema to see piderman 3 last night. I really liked the first film when it came out. I thought Sam Raimi made an excellent adaption of the comic book. The second film was ok but not so great. I had heard rumours that the third film was really not so good.

The film opens some time after the second movie. Spiderman is more experienced and has become a mascot for New York city. Peter Parker is now in a more serious relationship with Mary Jane and is ready to propose to her. For the film to work, we need to have some bad guys.

Bring on the bad guys! We get Sandman/Flint Marko who looks great although they have added one annoying twist that isn't in the comics. We get Venom who looks really scary and we get Harry Osbourn as Hobgoblin. All good.

The film is long but I wasn't bored. It's too scary for young kids but just right for old comic nerds.

Check it out

8 out of 10

No comments: