Sunday, May 06, 2007

Voting

I made an effort to vote on Thursday. I always feel guilty if I don't vote. I have the vague feeling that thousands of people have died over the centuries for me to have the ability to vote. This may or may not be true but I feel that voting is more of a responsibility than a right.

I love to complain about stuff (if any of my real world friends read this, you know how true my words are). Bitching about the evils of politicians is a hobby of mine and I would not be entitled to do it if I just sat on my fat arse watching the telly instead of taking a gentle stroll to the polling station to carry out my democratic duty.

I really hate politicians. I kind of think that anyone who expresses a desire to be in political power should instantly be disqualified. I have a suspicion that I have held for many years that all politicians are evil. I listened to far too many Dead Kennedys records as a kid.

Right now, I really dislike Patricia Hewitt, the health secretary, as she is in the process of fucking junior doctos. I am of course biased because I am a junior doctor. I saw her on Question Time making some sneering remark about how we all want to be plastic surgeons instead of looking after old people. The people who want to do elderly medicine are getting fucked over as much as everyone else.

You might have guessed that I didn't vote for Labour and I was glad to see them get shat on at the polls. I also hate the Tories and I disapprove of the SNP. I am proud to be Scottish but I do not trust nationalists of any form. I was also distressed to learn that 15,000 people in Scotland voted for the BNP.

15,000 stupid racist idiots in Scotland.

I actually know a couple of politicians. Both work for the Tory party. One is actually a good guy who played drums in my band and listened to a lot of left wing, straight-edge hardcore punk rock. The other was a sleazy wank. Alan B'stard made flesh.

I was a bit sad that the SNP did so well in the polls. I think Scotland benefits from the union and I think we should keep it. Everyone is entitled to an opinion I guess.

funky

No comments: