Saturday, June 02, 2007

Film review - Pirates of the Caribbean - World's end

I went to see this at the cinema today with my dad. The word on the street is that it sucks but the last film ended on a cliffhanger and my dad was keen to see it so I thought I would take the risk. we went to an afternoon show at the local cinema and the place was full of screaming kids throwing popcorn and peanuts. Joy.

The film itself wasn't terrible although the plot was a bit convoluted. There are some great scenes with Johnny Depp lighting up the scene as Jack Sparrow. His first scene in this film, where he appears to have gone mad, is great. It's a bit out there for a kids film but I thought it was cool. I also like the scene where he talks about his 'magnificent vessel' with two young ladies. Keith Richards makes an appearance although for some reason he does not appear to be wearing any make-up.

Basically, it's not entirely pish but it won't change your life. Also, stay in the cinema for a touching bonus scene after 10 minutes of titles.

pphunkl

No comments: