Sunday, June 10, 2007

Further adventures in songwriting

I wrote and recorded another song with one of my friends the other day. It's a bit more introspective than the last one, sounding more like Arab Strap, Mogwai or dub. It's about having a hangover (which we both did when we wrote it).

I came up with the bassline and played it. My mate programmed the drums and played guitar. I then mixed the music track and wrote lyrics. We took a few attempts to get the vocals right. I think it's good but it needs more work.

It's called 'army of 1000 stoned drummers' for no real reason other than the dub-like sound and I'll stick it on myspace when it is finished.

funky

2 comments:

zoe said...

my breath's baited...

drphunk said...

breath should be baited.

sounds nothing like the other one. much more shit (if that is possible)