Thursday, January 27, 2011

Band of Horses live at the Academy Glasgow

I'd burned myself out on Band of Horses. Due to various computer fuck-ups from summer 2008 till Christmas 2010 I had an iPod shuffle that I was unable to change the songs on. When I initially programmed the iPod I had just bought the first two Band of Horses albums. I liked them but over the next 3 years of heavy iPod use I estimate that I heard those albums about 1000 times. I also heard someone describe them as 'Bland of Horses' and the name stuck.

They were playing in a venue that is 5 minutes walk from my house but I didn't rush out to buy a ticket due to recent (and soon to be rectified) financial hardship. Luckily one of my friends from work had a spare ticket that I will reimburse him for in a couple of months.

We missed most of the support bands. BOH were very fresh sounding. The tracks that I have overlistened to sound much better live - looser, less stale. The visuals were brilliant. Nature photography and tour images. All the big songs from your favourite TV shows and movies were played. While I was not blown away it was a good, solid show. Glad I was there.

No comments: